Sunday, October 9, 2011

My new friend

I decided that while I'm here for 2 years, it might be fun to learn to play an instrument...how about the guitar?  So I had my first guitar lesson Friday afternoon, and it went really well.  Yesterday we ventured out into Derby to buy a new guitar.  Here she is...
Just kidding....this is the second guitar I bought today, but it's a birthday present for one of the little boys that lives on our street.  Below is the beauty that Sean found in the store.  It's a Fender T-bucket 400CE Flame and it has a really pretty finish and some nice detailed designs that make it unique. Isn't she pretty?



I spent a great deal of time practicing my 3 chords today, especially this evening after the kids went to bed.  I even found an old church anthem that uses those 3 chords primarily...so I even got to sing and play at the same time.  Ok, so the song was really slow and didn't flow at all, but I had a blast!  (The song was "Mercy Came a Runnin'....for all you Praise Band folks).  So far, I love it...except for the fact that my left hand fingers feel like their going to bleed any minute, it really hurts to type!  Wish me luck everyone, I'm sure it's gonna be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment