Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Field Trip with Alexa

Recently, I was able to chaperone a field trip with Alexa's class. This is the first time I've been asked to do this, so I was very excited. First we went to a local greenhouse and the children learned how to plant hanging baskets. Then we went to a local church that is nearly 1000 years old! Part of the trip included a walk past gorgeous fields of Rapeseed. This is the time of year that Rapeseed is in bloom and the fields are brilliant. Imagine a whole field painted in bright yellow. Just gorgeous.




This was a medieval cross that was found on the property.  I think I was told that it is 700-800 years old.  I guess the monks back then believed that the cross looked like this, very different from our image of the cross now.  It was found in 1919 and mounted on the stone as it is today. Pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment